Large UK Flag Wedding Sampler Cross Stitch Kit
This large version of our classic wedding sampler features 2 Union Jack flags. We have options for other countries and can even create your own bespoke flag. It makes a perfect wedding gift.
Jacqui created her first modern sampler as a commission for the Royal Wedding in 2011. She wanted to create something to commemorate the event and whilst samplers have been stitched for centuries, her design added a modern twist to this old crafting tradition. The font of this chart has been designed by Jacqui and has become her signature.
38x30cm finished tapestry size
Each Crewel Wool Craft Kit Contains:
- Standard Kit with DIY alphabet for you to use / adapt the pattern
- A Printed Canvas Bag to keep your stitching in
- Colour Coded Chart
- Stitching Instruction Sheet including diagrams
- Cotton Canvas - 10hpi (holes per inch)
- 2 Ply Crewel Wool Appleton Pure English Wools - Use 2 threads to stitch with
- Two quality John James Tapestry needles - one to use and one to keep!
- Needle threader
You will need:
- Fabrics, Trims, Frame or whatever you fancy to finish off your tapestry canvas when complete
- Standard Kit PLUS Personalised chart with your name / date added
We use quality Zweigart canvas. We think that this is the best quality canvas you can buy. The HPI are the number of holes per inch on a straight line within the canvas. Our 7hpi tapestry base has the largest holes and is the easiest to stitch but the 10hpi is still great for beginners, and 14 hpi is perfect for detail work.
We give you plenty of Appleton brothers 2 ply Crewel Wool. Enough to stitch with the recommended stitch technique. Our wool is 100% British Virgin Wool - and it is the same wool as used by William Morris in his heritage designs, which is bought directly from source and hand twisted into hanks in our Sussex Studio.
Instructions & Chart Full instructions are also provided including detailed stitch charts and stitching diagrams, teaching you the basics of cross stitch techniques.
*PLEASE NOTE: The kit is a COUNTED CROSS STITCH chart and is not printed on the canvas - so each coloured square corresponds to the same colour cross stitch on the canvas. This provides for a more accurate finished stitched piece.
Copyright Jacqui Pearce - all rights reserved.