Appleton Crewel Wool Half Hank (Choose Colour)
We only use British wool in our kits and our wool of choice is Appletons. It is British wool spun and dyed and supplied here in the UK. Used by William Morris for his iconic tapestries and by Jacqui for her modern wool supersize stitch technique.
All the wool is ordered by our team in bulk in our favoured colours. We then cut, split and hand twist each hank with our own crafty hands.
- 1/2 Hank hand twisted in our Sussex Studio
- 2 ply Crewel Wool
- Full Hank measures approx 180m (1/2 hank = 90m of yarn cut into 140 cm lengths)
- 1/2 hank = approx 3000 stitches in our cross stitch method on 10 count
- Appleton 100% British Wool
- Spun in the UK
- Selected Colours favoured by Jacqui.
Due to the hand twisting nature of this product lengths may vary from hank to hank. Colour pictures vary according to monitor and feature our Tapestry yarn for colour in some shots. The main picture shows the crewel yarn
Special order colours can take up to 28 days and are non returnable