What is this policy?
This policy talks about the cookies and similar tracking technologies that we use across the websites we operate and all the services we provide to you.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that’s placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit one of our websites. We, and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers, may use a few different types of cookies.
Some are persistent cookies (cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time) and some are session ID cookies (cookies that expire when you close your browser).
We also use other tracking technologies like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking beacons” or “clear gifs”) and local storage. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our websites or opened an email that we have sent them.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Analytical / Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised (made to be anonymous).
Even though they’re not as exciting as the edible kind, these types of cookies and tracking technologies are still important. They help us to do fabulous things like operate our websites and services, enhance and customise your experience across our websites and services, perform analytics and deliver advertising and marketing that’s relevant to you.
Third Party Cookies
We use mainly cookies set by third parties across our websites and services. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our websites and services, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics. They also enable us to use advertising networks to manage our advertising on other websites. These include:
- Shopify (Strictly Necessary, Analytics, Functionality) Our online store host, it's apps and payment gateways - these are necessary for the enjoyment, use and online safety of our website
- Zendesk (Analytics and functionality) We use Zendesk Live Agent to enable us to chat with you and also for our contact forms and analysis.
- Product Reviews (Analytics and functionality) We use Stamped as a marketing automation platform so we can personalise your experience with us and create feedback platforms
- Adobe Target (Analytics Customisation) We use Adobe Target as an A/B platform so we can test the effectiveness of different experiences
- Facebook (Functionality and Analytics) We use Facebook as a medium to talk to customers and to measure effectiveness of campaigns
- Instagram (Analytics) We use Instagram as a medium to talk to customers and to measure effectiveness of campaigns
- Twitter (Analytics) We use Twitter as a medium to talk to customers and to measure effectiveness of campaigns
- Pinterest (Analytics) We use Pinterest as a medium to talk to customers and to measure effectiveness of campaigns and share images
- Mail Chimp (Functionality / Analytics) We use Mail Chimp to help manage our digital marketing activities and to communicate with customers
- Conversio (Analytics) We use Conversio to help manage our digital marketing activities